Disquiet Junto 0241 Foreground Effect



The Junto instruction this week speaks of flipping hierarchies, particularly between background and foreground.

There are different ways to get this effect and here I've mostly used reverb.

My piece takes three of the parts from last week's Junto and shifts their positions in the mix, particularly between the background and the foreground.

There are also resonators in places, which end up creating a kind of space-less drone.

I like that this track returns to drone a piece that was recording emerging from drone. This week I also produced this crisp instrumental version.

There's also a weighting that I shift with the AM Radio preset on Lumonix effect mentioned on lines last week. It's on the bass, the guitar and the drums.

Then Valhalla Shimmer adds that pad-like swell.